Thursday 31 December 2015

Free Like a Bird, Flying Into 2016

It's the 31st of December 2015 and, as expected, a lot of people are currently waxing lyrical on my Facebook feed about generalised bullshit copied and pasted straight from 'How to be a Cheesy Bastard And Get Virtual Thumbs Up Your Arse' (with a special preface by Thingy Zuckerberg).

2015 for me has been nothing but short of fucking groovy and hair raising. And not because I discovered a new brand for my Brazilian Blow Dries.

I am 33 and have only just realised the power of being truly FREE (freeee like a biiiiiiiirrrrrd!) I went to a festival on my own, did a lot of gig goings on my own as well as have been truly loyal to myself by cutting off all leeches and drama queens parading as 'friends'. I have learnt to put myself first (which does not mean walking over people, on the contrary). I have learnt to not treat myself any lesser than I would treat anyone else.

I have gained in internal power and strength like Popeye after a can of spinach. I kept reading about the whole ' be true to yourself' type of thing but never really got it until I was forced to step into it.

Being truly emotionally detached from drama and being true to oneself are amazing feelings and I plan on carrying on with a motherfucking crown ON.

                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment